my first post

Hello everyone, 

My name is Damian Avalos and I'm a second year student here at LBCC. Growing up I was always in love with taking photos. As a kid I would often take my moms camera out in the yard to capture pictures of bugs, raindrops, and all things nature. As I grew older I stopped taking photos as much and got involved in playing sports. During my sophomore year of high school I decided to join the year book class just in thought of it being an easy A. Little did I know, I would soon fall in love with taking photos again. In this class it was a mesh of two things I really enjoyed doing. Taking photos and being involved in sports. 

My major is Sports and Exercise Science. My reasoning for taking this class is because I love the idea of being able to show emotion and tell a story through a single photo. Whether it be the emotion of the screaming crowd or capturing the game winning play. The thought of that excites me. 


Auburn-Alabama: Inside the Greatest Play of All - WSJ

This has to be one of my favorite photos ever taken. No time left, game winning touchdown. Taken from the Wall Street Journal. The emotion captured in the background says it all. 

My Goals

My goals for this class are quite simple. First, I would love to get a better understanding on how to edited my photos. Secondly, I would like to get a better understanding on how to work a professional camera. Lastly, I want to be able to capture a moment somewhere on campus that shows raw emotion. Whether that be a student getting that "light bulb" idea showing happiness, or a celebration at a sporting event amongst teammates. 

My Week One Photos (My apologize for the quality, my usb to sd card reader is shipping still so I had to use my iPhone camera)














American Dream employee Jonah Brown prepares his salad right before going on lunch. 




















American Dream manager Heidi lathers up garlic butter on pizza fresh out the oven. 
















Beautiful roof top view of Corvallis' downtown 2nd street. 



Comments

Popular Posts